I was asked by several enterprising Murray Hillers to post information on how to get a Summer Job and a Maryland Work Permit for ages 14-16.
Here's the info -- see below after the IG picture! (posted with permission)
*******Get Parent permission, fill out and then print work permit AFTER you've been offered the job. Latest Job Info for Teeens in HoCo at bottom.
- Work permits are required for all minors under the age of 18 to work in the State of Maryland.
- Work permits are not issued to minors under the age of 14. (Unless the child is a model, performer or entertainer with a special permit (Word); en español (Solicitud para permiso especial de trabajo (Word). Special permits are issued only by the Commissioner's Office.)
- Work permits are issued by the Division of Labor and Industry.
- Work permits are not issued until the minor has been offered a job.
- If the minor changes jobs, a new work permit must be obtained.
- Employers are strongly encouraged to keep work permits on file for three years.
From a recent Google Search of "Teen Jobs Howard County" I found
(Please Note: I am not endorsing any of these organizations just sharing basic search information)
Student Volunteers - Howard County Library System - Though this doesn't pay $, get experience volunteering and working at the Howard County Library Savage Branch
Other job ideas for Teens.
***Remember: BE SAFE*** Always get parent permission & let your family know where you are at all times. Make this a fun summer project but be aware, because we care!
Friday, June 14, 2019 - 10:15am