6th Grade Parents and Guardians
Parents and guardians of 6th graders who are attending Outdoor Ed,
We are so excited that our trip is next week! Here are a few last details for you:
On Monday morning, students may begin arriving at 7:55 with their luggage, or they can take their normal transportation to school. Luggage can be any size, as long as each student only has one item and they are able to carry it themselves. Students may also have their small personal bag (such as a string backpack) if they wish. Luggage will be dropped off in the gym, and then students will report to their assigned classrooms.
When we return on Wednesday, please be aware that we need to sort luggage and return it to the students before students can be released to parents. We anticipate returning to school around 1:30. If you would like to pick up your child, we will have a sign out process in the front lobby. Otherwise, students are welcome to take their normal transportation home on Wednesday afternoon.
If you have any further questions, please email Jamie Daniller at jamie_daniller (at) hcpss.org
Outdoor Ed Packing List
○ 2 pairs of sneakers/hiking shoes (one should be old so you can wear them in the water!) ○ 5 comfortable, layered outfits:
○ Comfortable pants (sweatpants, athletic pants, track pants, etc) ○ Athletic shorts to layer under
○ Sweatshirt/long sleeve shirt
○ 5-6 Pairs of socks
○ At least 5 pairs of underwear
○ Pajamas/sleep clothes
○ Reusable water bottle with your name on it
○ Soap, shampoo, hairbrush, deodorant
○ Trash bag to put dirty/wet clothes in
○ Hat or visor
○ Small backpack (a string backpack or shoe bag is a great idea)
○ Bug Spray
○ Feminine Hygiene products (if applicable) ○ Flip flops for shower
○ Water shoes
○ No more than $15
Items NOT to bring:
○ Food, gum, electronics (ipods, ipads, tablets, etc) of any kind, hairdryers, curling irons, any items prohibited by HCPSS policy.
Cell Phones: We would prefer that students leave cell phones at home. NorthBay’s office can be called if you need to contact your child at any time during the trip. IF cell phones are brought to camp, they will be locked in a safe in the cabin and will only be available at designated times. Please note that HCPSS will not accept responsibility for any lost, stolen or damaged electronic device.